CDbg»Forums
60 posts
None
feedback and some suggestions
Edited by erpeo93 on
Hi!

After Casey showcased your program on the last episode, I decided to give your debugger a try today.

I have nothing to say other than it's a huge step for us developers looking for semplicity, speed and reliability.

Your debugger is:
-quick, finally stepping through the code does take a reasonable amount of time. Also startup and shutdown time are much lower than vs.
-easy to learn, didn't have to do anything to do basic stuff, just lauched it from command line and debugged my game.
-clean, the UI is very cool, it's a pleasure to use the debugger.

You've done a great job in my opinion, and I would easily pay good money for this debugger, even at this stage of development.

Please keep going with this so that we'll finally say goodbye to visual studio.
I'm pretty sure there are many people like me that would pay good money for the debugger, I'm sure that if you start selling the program (you could easilly start selling an alpha version in my opinion) you'll get all the money you need to keep the development susteanable.

A couple of suggestions/feautures I'd like to see:
-Visualization of 3d models, pretty much like you did for images: pointer and vertex count.
-Visualization of vectors in 2D/3D space
-For the other "views" that you're currently missing (memory, threads, breakpoints), I'd use the bar you have under the panels, and allow the user to "select" which panel to view.

Image link

Nice job!
Leonardo

Nikita Smith
45 posts / 1 project
None
feedback and some suggestions
erpeo93
Hi!

After Casey showcased your program on the last episode, I decided to give your debugger a try today.

I have nothing to say other than it's a huge step for us developers looking for semplicity, speed and reliability.

Your debugger is:
-quick, finally stepping through the code does take a reasonable amount of time. Also startup and shutdown time are much lower than vs.
-easy to learn, didn't have to do anything to do basic stuff, just lauched it from command line and debugged my game.
-clean, the UI is very cool, it's a pleasure to use the debugger.

You've done a great job in my opinion, and I would easily pay good money for this debugger, even at this stage of development.

Please keep going with this so that we'll finally say goodbye to visual studio.
I'm pretty sure there are many people like me that would pay good money for the debugger, I'm sure that if you start selling the program (you could easilly start selling an alpha version in my opinion) you'll get all the money you need to keep the development susteanable.

A couple of suggestions/feautures I'd like to see:
-Visualization of 3d models, pretty much like you did for images: pointer and vertex count.
-Visualization of vectors in 2D/3D space
-For the other "views" that you're currently missing (memory, threads, breakpoints), I'd use the bar you have under the panels, and allow the user to "select" which panel to view.

Image link

Nice job!
Leonardo

Debugger definitely needs more work. Memory, threads, breakpoints are on todo list for the 0.0.0.9 version, which I hope to release by the end of the January. Stay tuned for the updates :)

Thank you!

- Nick