CDbg»Forums
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
This thing seems like it's getting pretty close to usable?
Edited by Casey Muratori on Reason: Initial post
I tried it out today, and it was feeling pretty solid. I might go through and make a list of things that are missing before I could switch completely, but it's the type of thing we maybe could switch to on-stream? Are there plans to add stepping through mixed source/assembly? That was the only thing that I missed right off the bat...

Anyways, really great work, hope it keeps going!

- Casey
Nikita Smith
45 posts / 1 project
None
Thanks for giving it a go!

By "stepping through mixed source/assembly" you mean like a disassembly widget in the visual studio?

Also, any kind of feedback is always appreciated. Right now I can only spend 3-4 hours a day to work on the debugger. This is not very much, but I already work 14 hours a day and I physically can't allocate more time. However, starting December I am going to take a very long break to work on this project full time and I hope to get more things done much quicker.

Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
For disassembly, I mean like this:

https://guide.handmadehero.org/code/day115/#1867

I'm sorry you only have a few hours to spend on this project. 14 hours a day is way too much to work! You've done a great job on the project, though. Is this something that you want to work on full time, and just need funding and/or a place to do it, or is it a side project?

- Casey
51 posts / 2 projects
https://nakst.gitlab.io/
@Nick Slivca

Is the source code available for the project?
Other people might be able to contribute features to it.
Nikita Smith
45 posts / 1 project
None
cmuratori
For disassembly, I mean like this:

https://guide.handmadehero.org/code/day115/#1867

A disassembler will be available in the next build, 98% of work is done only minor tweaks have been left (video). However, I would not advice to ditch Visual Studio right now. PDB parser does not know how to parse symbols that are outputted for the optimized builds. Also, exception stepping is not 100% done, CDBG will lose control over the executable sometimes. I would suggest to wait for 0.0.1.0.
Nikita Smith
45 posts / 1 project
None
nakst
@Nick Slivca

Is the source code available for the project?
Other people might be able to contribute features to it.

This sounds like a good idea; more contributors definitely will give more traction to this project. I might open it after the next build is released.