I don't know how much feedback you want at this point in the project, I played with it for a few minutes and here are some "problems" and random thoughts.
- I don't know about the whole reloading source file while debugging thing. I think that until you stop debugging the source should not be reloaded to allow to continue debugging even if you modified the source. I sometimes add notes or todos in the source (from outside the debugger) while debugging but still want to continue debugging.
- While stepping in a program I got this error: screenshot
. I pressed "step into" instead of "step over".
- While scrolling a file, I got this assert: screenshot
- When I stop debugging, the pdb file seems to stay locked (the compiler can't overwrite the file).
- Using "Break process" doesn't break.
- Ctrl + B to set a breakpoint: after typing the name, it tells me the function name is invalid on some functions. E.g. createScreenSpaceMat works, but gl_clear doesn't (both are defined in the same file and I can step into them with "step into" ).
- The Ctrl + B window is pasting what is in the clip board whenever I press 'v'.
- I would prefer the Add breakpoint window to be some sort of mini buffer that doesn't cover other part of the screen.
- It would be great to have list of the key bindings in a readme (you may even open it up in a tab to have an easy access).
- What is the hot key for the "selective step into" ?
- Why are watch list items always two lines ?
- I can't edit the expression in the watch list, it always put back the first one I typed.
- The watch list seems to have trouble reading some keys, I have to type '[' twice if it comes after a letter. I'm using an azerty keyboard layout (fr-be).
- Keyboard controls to move in the file, set breakpoint, go to the different panel would be great. It took me some time to figure out that to set a breakpoint I had to use the mouse and click in the margin.
- A way to disable the "Save this project" prompt would be great.